Disrupting Class: How Disruptive Innovation Will Change the Way the World Learns

0

Written on 1:54 PM by Christian Olson

In Michael Horn's presentation about discruptive technologies in the classroom, he explores the question of "Why do successful organizations fail?" His answer: Disruptive Innovation.

He further states that education is at a major turning point with technology. Future education will be online or at least in an hybrid (blended) format. Institutions should start capitalizing on that now.



I have to admit, I agree with him. When I tell people I work in online education I usually get, "Ugg.. I took an online class, I hated it. I like 'normal' classrooms." Horn's model accounts for this! He states that early methods are below what the learner (or customer) needs; however, future iterations will improve and far surpass learner needs. In fact, he estimates that 50% of high school courses will be online by 2019.

I'm happy that this is getting out there and I hope people stop and really look at online education. It is coming. It is affordable, assessable, and engaging when done right. It is only going to get bigger. I personally look forward to the day when I have a question, ask it online, and receive the answer or an engaging discussions. That day is almost here.

If you enjoyed this post Subscribe to our feed

No Comment

Post a Comment