Why did I switch to a Mac?

2

Written on 2:07 PM by Christian Olson

I know, I know. You hear it all the time, "Macs are horrible." Or "Windows is the worst platform ever." Sometimes I even get into the game. However, I thought I'd post my thoughts the subject.

I started college a real Windows guy, I really hammered Macs. In fact, I even made a podcast with a friend denigrating Macs. (I still harbor all those complaints by the way). However, as I went through college I found that I was forced to use a Mac for my classes. I remember the frustration this caused (Where is everything??? How to I get my CD out???) and I really resented Macs for this.

However, I found that there were some really nice perks to them too. My computer wasn't randomly crashing all the time. I wasn't spending most of my time troubleshooting. My devices worked almost instantly. In short, I was wasting my time dealing keeping my computer going. I hated this and so I decided to switch.

This was the main reason why I switched... until today. Today I say this commercial:



After watching it I suddenly realized why I switched from Window the Mac. I am sick of being lied to by Microsoft. I can take interruptions, outages, and changes, but I refuse to accept contempt. Mac is user friendly, but requires you do to everything within the Mac universe. Okay, I can live with that. Linux is completely customizable, but you better like tinkering with it to do so. I can also live with that. I have a choice of the two. I choose user friendly since I don't have time to deal with the rest. I could even put Windows on either of those systems if I choose to do so.

With Microsoft, on the other hand, you don't get a choice. They aren't as user friendly as Macs nor are they as customizable like Linux boxes. Instead, they feel like they can bully you to buy their product. The constant misdirection, false claims, price fixing, etc. is something I choose not to be part of. I may not choose Macs forever (I'm definitely not a Mac zombie), but it will be MY choice. I'm giving MY money and time and that is something I refuse to give to Windows anymore.

If you enjoyed this post Subscribe to our feed

2 Comments

  1. Conner |

    There is one my issue that you forgot to mention. Cost, I would be a lot more inclined to give mac a try if I didn't have to spend over $1000 just to get a basic system.

     
  2. Christian Olson |

    That's true... but if I'm going to have to sink $500 in Windows upgrades/peripherals/cameras/extra junk then have I saved anything?

     

Post a Comment